The cold heading process
is a method that uses the deformation of metal under the action of external force and redistributes and transfers the metal volume with the aid of dies, thus forming the required parts
or blanks. The equipment, oil products and raw materials used in the cold heading process are the three elements for manufacturing high-strength fasteners. The cold heading machine is mainly used for manufacturing parts such as bolts, nuts, nails, rivets and steel balls. The forging stock materials can be copper, aluminum, carbon steel, alloy steel, stainless steel and titanium alloy. Cold heading forming oil has a special formula corresponding to different processes, different equipment and different raw materials. Cold heading forming oil directly affects the manufacturing speed and process precision of workpieces.
First, the cold header performance requirements
(1) The crankshaft, the machine body and the impact connecting rod are all made of alloy, which has large bearing capacity and long service life.
(2) The machine body is cast with nodular iron added with alloy, which has high tensile strength.
(3) Adopt secondary gears, with high efficiency and large torque.
(4) Equipped with pneumatic clutch brake to reduce motor power consumption.
(5) The material is cut by a guide plate cutter bar, which has large force and good dynamic balance.
(6) The clamp can be turned over or translated, which is beneficial to the arrangement of molding process.
(7) Equipped with frequency conversion speed regulating device, stepless speed regulation can be carried out.
(8) Equipped with fault detector and protection device, the equipment will stop automatically when it fails, giving maximum protection to the equipment and mold.
(9) Thrust device is installed in the feeding box to improve feeding accuracy.
(10) The lubricating oil circuit is simple and can effectively protect the punching rod and workpiece on the basis of ensuring circulating filtration.
II. Selection of Raw Materials for Workpieces
(1) The raw materials must be spheroidized and annealed, and their metallographic phase is spherical pearlite.
(2) In order to reduce the cracking tendency of the material as much as possible and improve the service life of the die, the cold-drawn material should have the lowest possible hardness.
(3) The surface quality of the raw materials requires that the lubricating film is dull and dark, and at the same time, the surface shall not have defects such as scratches, folds, cracks, napping, rust, oxide scale, pits and pits.
(4) It is required that the total thickness of the decarburized layer in the radial direction of the raw material shall not exceed 1% of the diameter of the raw material.
(6) In order to ensure the cutting quality during cold forming, the raw materials are required to have a hard surface and a soft core.
(7) The raw materials shall be subjected to cold heading test. The deformation resistance increases due to cold working hardening. The lower the sensitivity of materials to cold work hardening, the better.
These are the elements for manufacturing high-strength fasteners
. Please feel free to contact us if you are looking for a factory for customized hardware
and accessories. We will give you a reply as soon as possible
Source of this article:https://ympcnc.com/