can be roughly divided into separation process and forming process (bending, drawing and forming). The separation process is to separate the stamping part from the blank in the stamping process, and the quality of the separated section of the stamping part must also meet certain requirements. The forming process is to deform the stamping blank without damage and transform it into the required shape, and at the same time, it should also meet the requirements of dimensions and so on. The following is a brief introduction to the requirements of the lower stamping and drawing process:
I. Process Type of Stamping Workpiece
(1) Bending: A plastic forming method for bending metal plates, pipe fittings and profiles to a certain angle, curvature and shape. Bending is one of the main processes widely used in stamping parts.
(2) deep drawing: deep drawing is also called drawing or calendering. it is a stamping method that uses a die to turn the flat blank obtained after blanking into an open hollow part.
(3) stretch: that stretch die applies a pulling force to the sheet metal to cause the sheet metal to generate non-uniform tensile stress and tensile strain, and then the bon surface of the sheet metal and the stretch die gradually expands until the sheet metal and the stretch die are completely bonded.
(4) Spinning: the spinning head feeds the mandrel and the blank to continuously deform the blank locally to obtain the required hollow parts.
(5) Trimming: The shape is secondarily trimmed by using a predetermined grinding tool shape. Mainly reflected in the pressure surface, feet, etc.
(6) Bulging: It is a method to obtain parts by using the die to make the sheet stretch thinner and increase the local surface area. Commonly used are ups and downs forming, cylindrical blank bulging and blank stretch forming.
(7) flanging: it is a method of bending the material of the thin plate blank edge or the narrow band area of the prefabricated hole edge on the blank into vertical edges along a curve or a straight line.
(8) necking: is a punching method for reducing the diameter of the open end of a stretched flangeless hollow piece or tube blank. The diameter change at the end of the workpiece before and after necking should not be too large, otherwise the end material will wrinkle due to severe compression deformation.
II. Technological Requirements for Stamping Workpieces
(1) The manufacturing process of metal stamping parts needs to meet the requirements of assembly and repair.
(2) The shape of the metal stamping parts is simple, which can be beneficial to the manufacturing of the mould, and the whole part can be completed in the shortest time and the simplest process.
(3) Hardware stamping parts should be applied to the existing materials and equipment, process equipment and process flow as much as possible, and the service life of stamping dies should be ensured.
(4) metal stamping process requires the utilization rate of metal materials, reduce the types and specifications of materials, and perhaps achieve blanking with no waste and less waste.
(5) In order to ensure the normal operation of metal stamping parts, the scale accuracy grade and surface roughness will be reduced to reduce scrap conditions.
Three, stamping workpiece common problems
(1) Burr: excess material is not completely left in the process of punching or cutting edges and corners, and burrs are generated on the truncated surface of the steel plate.
(2) Uneven: Abnormal sag on the surface of raw materials is caused by foreign matters (iron filings and dust) mixed into the uncoiling line.
(3) roller printing: the cleaning roller may be caused by foreign matters attached to the feeding roller, and the foreign matters printed on the roller on the sheet can be removed under normal circumstances.
(4) Slip printing: due to roller slip, it occurs when it suddenly stops or accelerates.
(5) Edge wrinkling: wrinkling occurs when the roll is fed into unbalance or when the gap between the guide rollers on the mold is small.
(6) Scratch: The primary cause of scratch on the part is sharp scratch on the mold or metal dust falling into the mold. The avoidance measures are to repair the scratch on the mold and remove the metal dust.
(7) Bottom Cracking: The bottom cracking of parts is mainly caused by insufficient performance of stamping oil.
(8) Wrinkles: The primary reason for wrinkles of parts is that the thickness is not good, forming a large gap on one side and a small gap on the other side. The avoidance measures are immediate replacement and adjustment of the mold from scratch.
These are the requirements and precautions for stamping and drawing process. Small stamping workpieces can meet the needs of various machine tools, instruments and other manufacturing industries.
If you need to customize some small stamping parts
, you can contact us at any time.
You can learn about our products and companies through our official website
, or you can directly send an email to ask us
. Looking forward to your contact!
Source of this article:https://ympcnc.com/