one of the common geometric features in mechanical engineering. There are many manufacturing processes for threads, such as thread rolling and thread rolling based on deformation, turning based on cutting, milling, tapping and threading, thread grinding, thread grinding, etc. Due to the different mechanical properties and chemical compositions of different kinds of workpiece materials, the numerical control cutting difficulty is also different. The following Yixin Precision Metal and Plastic Ltd
briefly introduces the characteristics of stainless steel thread cutting:
First, stainless steel thread manufacturing process
(1) The thread turning process is a common method at present. The blank is cut by lathe equipment. When cutting threads, the lathe and the tool must maintain a strict relative relationship, that is, the spindle and the tool should move evenly.
(2) Thread milling technology is a method of manufacturing threads by using numerical control machine tools. Thread milling itself has certain natural advantages. Thread milling has many advantages such as high efficiency, high thread quality, good tool versatility, good safety, etc.
(3) The thread rolling process uses a forming rolling die to deform the workpiece to obtain threads. Its advantages are less surface roughness than turning, milling and grinding. The thread surface after rolling can improve strength and hardness due to cold work hardening. However, it requires high precision of blank size. The requirements for precision and hardness of rolling dies are also high, making the dies difficult. Not suitable for rolling thread with asymmetrical tooth shape.
(4) The thread rolling process is to stagger the two thread rolling plates with thread teeth, the static plate is fixed, and the moving plate moves in a reciprocating straight line parallel to the static plate. When the workpiece is fed between the two plates, the moving plate pushes the workpiece forward to deform its surface into threads.
Two, stainless steel thread cutting problems
(1) high thermal strength and toughness
Austenitic stainless steel and martensitic stainless steel have low hardness and tensile strength, but their elongation, section shrinkage and impact value are relatively high, so they are not easy to be cut off during NC high-speed cutting, and the work consumed during cutting deformation is quite large.
(2) strong hardening trend
In the process of NC high-speed turning, the metal in the cutting area is deformed due to the extrusion of the workpiece material by the tool tip. Therefore, the hardening phenomenon caused by the previous feeding hinders the cutting during the next feeding, and the high hardness of the work hardening layer causes the tool to be particularly easy to wear.
(3) Chip has strong adhesion and poor heat conductivity
In the process of numerical control cutting, cutting debris is easily and firmly adhered or melted on the tool tip and the cutting edge, forming debris accumulation tumor, causing deterioration of the surface roughness of the workpiece surface, increasing vibration in the cutting process and accelerating tool wear. Moreover, a large amount of cutting heat cannot be conducted in time, and even the heat generated by cutting cannot be conducted to the whole chip, making the cutting edge lose cutting performance at high temperature.
These are the problems that should be paid attention to in the cutting process of stainless steel threads. Reasonable setting of process parameters, selection of raw materials, cutting tools and cutting oil that meet the process requirements are the keys to ensure thread quality.
If you need to customize stainless steel, aluminum alloy, injection molding small parts
, please feel free to contact us
. You can learn more details about us on our official website
, or you can send us e-mail directly for inquiries!
Source of this article:https://ympcnc.com/